Values create cohesion among teams and employees in complex organisations. Read this article by Joe McDevitt to find out how to create good company values.
Cape Town: 1st March 2018 saw the third installment of a global movement labelled “the rebellious future of HR”, an event which is appropriately described as an information exchange designed to inform, empower and energise those involved in the world of business and people management.
The evening was hosted once again at Longkloof studios, the HQ of Travelstart with the support of main sponsors Hi5 Technologies, Travelstart & Enigmeir as well as disturber sponsors RGBC, Offerzen and Realm Digital.
The house was packed to the rafters with over 100 attendees, including 11 mind-blowing speakers, 8 amazing volunteers and 1 incredible MC 😉 The atmosphere was noticeably electric, consistently holding an incredible buzz all evening.
The show consisted of two halves, with enough time in between for networking, beverages and snacks (by Party Platters), as well as voting for your favourite speakers using the Hi5 App. Some folks who couldn’t make it were able to watch snippets of the talks via Hi5’s Instagram Live broadcasts.
The speakers included a full C-suite, and not only HR folks were in attendance either — DisruptHR is all about lifting existing limitations, allowing People teams across the continent to create new rules.
The speakers had gone through a rigorous selection process, outlined by DisruptHR’s no. 1 rule:
“20 slides, 15 seconds per slide.”
This 5-minute window per speaker gave them their chance to make a bold statement AKA their “drop the mic moment” 🎤 (without actually dropping the mic of course!). If you have something to say about Talent, Culture or Technology, then this is 100% the event for you! Here’s a list of the evening’s speakers in order of appearance:
• “'I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.' — Seven Observations from a New Work Frontier." Clint Bryce, Creative Lead at Yoco
• "People vs Culture." Jenna Hartley, Founder of Culture Catalyst
• "Deck Chairs on the Titanic? Re-Imagining the Value of HR." Ulrich Meyer-Höllings, Founder of LeftFieldLab
• "#UnemploymentMustFall — How Social Media Can Help Unemployed South Africans Connect With Employers." Tim Barry, Consultant at Tugela People
• "The Water Crisis: Let’s solve it together." George Gabriel, Facilitator, Strategist & Social Anthropologist at EMERGING
• "Leadership is not HR’s Responsibility." Stephan de Kock, COO at Old Mutual
• "Video Killed the Radio Star." Gavin Rossouw, CTO at Wealth Migrate
• "Winning in the Last Mile of Hiring." Tumi Sineke, Customer Success Manager at Offerzen
• "The Theory of Constraints." Ashton Fourie, CEO at 5–2–50
• "Organisational Design — Why it is the NEW Buzz Word." Bailey Kropman, Head of Talent and Performance at Superbalist.com
• "Leading by Design." Special closing speech by Rick Molenaar, CIO at Travelstart
🎺 Call for speakers & sponsors! DisruptHR is a great opportunity to speak or sponsor. If you’d like to get involved, please send a mail to email@example.com.
Prizes up for grabs included two flight vouchers sponsored by Travelstart that went to the winning speaker, Stephan de Kock! 👏 🎉
RGBC, the Really Great Brand Company, sponsored some amazing prizes for the randomly selected Hi5'ers: Sasha Knott, Amit Bhana, Michelle Adler & Wouter Lombard.
Social media accounts lit up with great feedback and genuine interaction all throughout the evening, with attendees already asking when the next one will be held!
My rating for this event? ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 stars!